Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Scarred for Life


We were on our way home from Lowe's today and we drove past Oquirrh Lake. We saw some ducks and a goose right by the side of the road. Brenner could see them out his window, but Joren couldn't. I felt bad, so I suggested we go home and get some bread to feed to the ducks.

This is usually a favorite thing for us to do at Wheeler Farm and Thanksgiving Point.

So, we got back to the lake and got out of the van. As soon as the ducks saw us, they came toward us. I started getting a little nervous and got the bread out of the bag quickly and started throwing it away from us as far as I could. Brenner was super nervous and hung way back behind. Joren was excited and said, "Come here duck." .... until the goose came up to him and bit him on the leg! I had to hit the goose with the bag of bread to keep him from attacking Joren. Needless to say, we threw out all of our bread and got in the car to go home.

Next time, I think we'll make sure we have a weapon with us.


(I found my card reader. The big goose in the middle is the one that bit Joren. Now I can also do a little blog catching up.)

6 comments:

Cami said...

Yikes!
I hope Joren is OK.
Never thought a person'd have to call animal control on a duck!

Ron and Debbie said...

Poor Joren! I hope he's okay! He'll be scared of birds and feathers the rest of his life like Uncle Heff is.

Ron and Debbie said...

Did Joren bleed? We had a goose follow us on the San Juan river trip last year for 3 days. Cash would feed it and let it bite at his finger. Of course Joren's skin is much younger, and not as tough as Cashes hands.
Dad

Lib-Dawg said...

That is so funny that he got bit...I mean it's not funny, but it is. I hope he's okay???

Anonymous said...

C'mon where's the video cam? That would have totally been an AFV moment. (I hope I don't need to explain what AFV is.)

DMac said...

Hi Anisa, it's Rachel M. We call this goose Honk Honk. He is CRAZY!! He always comes to our backyard if Dave is out there. Honk Honk will follow Dave around for hours. But, if I or any of my kids come near he comes running after us with his mouth open. He did nibble Sebastian toes once. So now we get ready to run if we see Honk Honk at the lake. Looks like you'll be doing the same:(