Friday, April 25, 2008

Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!

There are some things that I can not do when I am NOT pregnant. Those things are things that I should definitely NOT do when I AM pregnant.

We are going on vacation (to Florida) next week. We will be flying and we will need to take our car seats and strollers with us. So, I thought that (since it's a nice afternoon) I would take them apart and clean them. I can just imagine us handing them to the person at the baggage counter and having all of the gross stuff fall out.

So, I took them out of them out of the van. There is tons of gross stuff underneath on the seats. Then, I took the fabric off, tons of loose stuff fell out onto the garage floor. Then I took them outside to hose them off. This might not seem so bad until you look closely at Joren's car seat. Why would someone make a car seat for a TODDLER with nice little cubby holes to catch all of the food, toys, water bottle lids, etc. This is the stuff that wouldn't fall out by tipping it upside down. I didn't want all of this gross stuff on my grass, so I tried to dig it out with a screwdriver. This started a 20 minute pattern of digging out, gagging, trying to catch my breath, digging out, gagging, etc. Brenner said, "Are you sick mom?" I said, "No." "Well, I think you're sick because you're about to puke. If you need to puke, go in the house and puke in the sink. I don't want you puking on our grass." I tried to explain to him the difference between puking and gagging.

Do you see the left pocket with black stuff in it? MOLD!!! Okay, it was really gross. I finally just sprayed it out and now all of that gross stuff is on our grass.
So, I'm thinking, that maybe we should have just put these in our yard sale pile and bought a new car seat! I'm sure it will be nice when it's done and maybe we need a new rule of NO eating in the car!!!

10 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, how did you do it? (though I'm glad you did)
Brenner's concern is so cool. What a kid! He's gonna make a great husband someday.

Jessica said...

I KNOW! I've done that before and it's just one of those things you wish you were still ignorant of...like when I got wood floors and realized ALL of the crap that had previously been in my carpet.

Ron and Debbie said...

Good grief, Anisa. wasn't it dry stuff? It's a good thing you don't have to help your Dad do the branding!! Brenner is so funny!!

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

Oh yuck. Carseats do attract grossness. Thanks for the reminder that mine need to be cleaned, and if you can do it prego, than I have no excuses.

Lucashell said...

embarrassing, I can't believe you posted this for everyone to see. When is the last time you cleaned out your van?

Lucas

Lucashell said...

Brenner wasn't concerned about his mom. He just didn't want her to mess up his play area.

Lucas

Lib-Dawg said...

Yes - you should have a rule of no food in the car. IF you think that is gross try changing an 88 year old womans diaper. I was pucking all over the place this past weekend. I hope you post about florida cause I just got tickets to Orlando myself and i need to know what to do over there.

Brooke said...

You were very brave to even attempt that. I hope things are going well. Have a fun trip.

Cami said...

Is Lucas ever nice?

Paddle Oar Die Rafting said...

No not really Lucas is rarely nice. But you can get him to do stuff for you, so the next time you need your car seats cleaned out I bet he would clean them for a 12 pack of Diet Mountian Dew. - Logan