Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The 2nd Day of Christmas

Today's activity was to buy an ornament. My friend Cami has the tradition where each member of their family buys or makes an ornament for their tree each year. When they first got married, their tree was pretty bare. I thought it was a great tradition, but I like our main trees to be more fancily decorated. So, I thought it would be a fun tradion for the kids. Each kid has their own little tree in their room. I have made a tree skirt for each tree (except I haven't made one for Terek yet). And they have a star on their tree. Then each year they get to pick an ornament for their tree. They also get to decorate their trees with any ornaments that they make at preschool or church. I picked Terek's ornament. I wanted something that was dangly that he could look at. He kept trying to grab it, but got the branch of the tree every time instead.
Brenner picked Chewbacca. You can see that his tree is getting quite full!
Joren picked the Hulk. If we can just get him to keep his ornaments on his tree so that he doesn't break them, we'll be doing great!!!

2 comments:

Lucashell said...

I let Legacy pick an ornament for our tree, it matched so well! Wait til I post Lucas tree, I say Lucas because, he decorates our tree (every year) and it drives me bokers watching him, place every ornament in a specific place! He is way to picky on the way it should look. I blame your MOM! At least he loves Christams so much, it makes me excited!

Ron and Debbie said...

Three cute boys, getting excited for Christmas. I'm glad we will get to see them soon.