Sunday, December 14, 2008

The 14th Day of Christmas

Today's activity was our Journey Dinner. This was something that my mom always did. We would sit down on the floor and have a little picnic of what Mary and Joseph would have eaten on their journey to Bethlehem. We thought we would jazz it up a little bit and have the kids dress up as the Nativity. Legacy was Mary (Shellie and Lucas made her costume- how cute!). Brenner was Joseph and Joren was the donkey.Terek was baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes (he loved this part because he got to be naked). Our dinner menu consisted of jerky, nuts, dried fruit and crackers. Since Joren was the donkey he felt the need to eat his food off of the floor. (Lucas informed me that I had to still cook a real meal, so this was basically our appetizer.) The kids were really cute and I hope they are understanding a tiny bit the real meaning of Christmas.

2 comments:

Kirbell said...

This is the cutest idea. Baby Terek as Jesus is my favorite.

Cami said...

How did I miss this post?
How cute! They are all adorable!
What a fun mom! (both of you)