Monday, December 1, 2008

The 1st day of Christmas

One of the traditions I remember most from Christmas was that my mom had an advent calendar. There were 25 pockets on the calendar with ornaments that you put on the tree. Every day, we would fight over who got to put the ornament on the tree. Inside each pocket was an activity that we got to do that day. Last year I bought an advent calender (I didn't make a cute one like my mom did) and we started this tradition. Dec. 1st was always the day when we decorated our tree. So, even though we decorated the house a couple of days ago, we saved the trees for today.

Joren was a big helper. He was so good at putting the ornaments on the bottom of the tree. Brenner was more excited about decorating his own tree (I'll post about that tomorrow). But he did put the angel on top of the tree.

1 comment:

Dj, MeLisa & Kanyon said...

What a fun idea I think I'll do 12 days of Christmas instead! I'm not as creative as you!