Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Their own little trees!!!



My friend Cami has a tradition where they each get to buy or make one ornament for their Christmas tree each year. I thought this was a really fun idea, however, I like my fancy trees that only I can decorate and the kids are not allowed to touch them. So, I decided to pick up the tradition with the kids by letting them have their own tree as well. Joren's little tree only has 2 ornaments on it (and he put them right on top of each other.) Brenner now has 4 ornaments plus the ones that he has made in preschool and stole from my tree. This year Joren picked out some funky lizard and Brenner settled for Spiderman when there wasn't a power ranger one to be found! I think this is quite fun for the kids and they love having their own tree in their own room!!!

5 comments:

Cami said...

I'm relieved to see that Joren is still alive after the glass balls incident of yesterday.

Jessica said...

Glass balls incident? That needs a post!

That little tree idea is a good one. Emma asked, "Is this the same as last year, where we only put up the ornaments that you like." Um, yeah.

Ron and Debbie said...

I wonder about the glass ball incident, too. Anisa, i'm so proud of you for going the extra mile to make things fun for your kids.

Lib-Dawg said...

What cute little boys - thanks for the pictures by the way! Cash immediatley put them on the fridge...now we just need one of Legacy so there won't be just boy's on the fridge!

John, Sal, Maddy, and Stockton said...

What a great idea to let the kiddos have a tree in their room! I swear you have the best ideas :) Love looking at your cute fam :)