Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It still makes me a little sad


Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never quite the same.


I was addressing my Christmas cards today and I had to change Cami's address and move her from my "Ward" section to my "Friends" section. Although I know she is only 1.5 miles away and I will talk to her and see her often, it still makes me a little sad that I won't see her at church. I won't accidently run into her when I'm getting my mail. I was just telling Ryan the other day that the best thing that came from me going back to work after having Brenner was Cami. She baby sat Brenner while I worked and we became best friends from that. So, here's to good friends... those who live close by and those who have moved far away. May we do our best to keep in touch with those we love- especially at this time of year.

2 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

It will take work to stay close but when things are worth it, you can find the time to be together.

Cami said...

There's always scrapbooking! It's strengthened our relationship in the past and the rubber cement (no, no one uses THAT any more) will not fail!