Monday, March 2, 2009

Men vs. Women

So, I had a friend forward an email me the other day about a woman getting ready to go to bed... and a man getting ready to go to bed.  I don't usually like forwards, but I thought this one was funny.  So, I read it to Ryan and it got some giggles out of him.  Here it is.....


Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I'm tired, and it's
getting late. I think I'll go to bed"

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the popcorn bowls,took meat out of the freezer for supper the
following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar
container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot
for brewing the next morning.

She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into
the washer , ironed a shirt and secured a loose button

She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on
the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to
dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the
desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the
field trip, and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the
envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near
her purse.

Mom then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her Night solution
& age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and filed her
nails.

Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed."

"I'm on my way," she said.

She put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then
made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.

She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and
TV's , hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had
a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day,
straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most
important things to do list. She said her prayers, and visualized the
accomplishment of her goals.

About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in
particular.. "I'm going to bed."

And he did...without another thought.


When I woke up this morning, Ryan had cut this cute comic out of the paper.  I guess it's just true for everyone.  
Have a Happy Day!!!

6 comments:

Angie said...

lol. That is SO true!

Cami said...

I read that comic....but of course I did.
Hilarious!

Christina said...

That is great! Oh, so true!!

Lib-Dawg said...

That made me tired just reading it. It is so true and sometimes I wish I could just go to bed when I say i'm going to bed.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I have to admit that I'm just like that, every night before I go to bed I have to make sure my room is clean or it drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth?!!