Monday, September 15, 2008

Historic Cove Fort

On our way home from St. George Ryan had to take a small detour to a job site. Right at that time, the baby decided he was hungry. We realized we were only 1 mile from Cove Fort and we thought that would be a good place to stop and feed the baby. When I was done feeding the baby, I went to find Ryan and the boys. They were done with the tour, but my curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to look around. It was pretty interesting. The Hinckley family had built the fort to protect themselves from the Native Americans. But since they made friends with the Native Americans, there was no need. So, it became more of a stopping point for the post office and stage coaches and they also had a telegraph station there.
The boys had a lot of fun looking around. They have a little garden out back, a stable, blacksmith shop, etc. This picture is of a mouse trap. The moust goes up the wooden ramp, jumps onto the cheese in the middle and falls in the bucket! This little detour got us home at 8:30, but it was pretty fun.

2 comments:

Christina said...

It has been many years since I have stopped at Cove Fort. Sounds like something my boys would really like.

Logan and Sydney said...

I cant beleive you guys had never been there. I cant even count how many times I have. Field trips, church trips, family trips, trips because we had to go to the bathroom...every reason imaginable. It's a fun place. Very cool.