Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Oh What a Day I Had!

So, I was busily getting ready for the day and was half dressed with my hair wet, when this went off... my CO detector. Now, it has gone off before for no reason, but this is something that I wanted to be sure about. So, I called Questar gas and they told me to replace the battery first. So, I throw on some clothes and throw the kids in the car to run down to the Holiday to buy a 9v battery. I replace the batter and try to reset it and nothing happens. So, I call Questar again. They could send someone out, but I would have to be home. I have appts to get to, so I can't be home. They tell me to open windows on all sides of the house and see if that helps. If not, call when I get home. So, off I pack some necessities and head to my friend, Cami's, so that I can blow dry my hair, brush my teeth and get the kids dressed. She is watching the kids for me for a couple of hours anyway. Then I get to go to the hospital for an MRI. This wasn't so bad. I hurt my back about 6 weeks ago. My back is mostly better, but my left foot is numb. So, we're stiff trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Okay, I can do this. I can lay perfectly still for 30 minutes and listen to a machine buzz... after listening to my CO detector beep all morning. If I don't hear well next time you talk to me, you'll know why.
After my MRI, I have 20 minutes to run to Lowe's because I'm thinking I'm going to need to buy a new CO detector. Then I head to the dentist. He tells me that my cavity isn't that deep and he could drill without me being numb. Ummm, no, he's tried that before and that didn't feel so good. So, I opt for being numbed. He hits a nerve and numbs the whole right side of my face. That's okay, it's the opposite side of my numb foot, so that balances things out. (And, by the way, it's not numb any more, so no worries). And of course, I get to listen more loud noises.

But, surprisingly, I don't have a headache. And we don't have any CO in our house. We were home just long enough to close all the windows, turn the heat up, get some lunch and have the Questar guys come to check our house. Then, Brenner got to start gymnastics for the first time today and he loved it!!! Joren got to go after for Free Play and he loved it too! (I forgot my camera, sorry).

And thanks to great friends who helped me through all of this. Cami was my life savor! She let me use her CO free house to get ready and took Brenner to preschool and baby sat Joren for me. And Rachel watched my house while all the windows were open so no one robbed me. And Rachel got to listen to me (oh, I hope I wasn't speaking too loudly after all the drilling and buzzing and beeping) moan about my lovely day while the kids were at gymnastics.

5 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

What a ham! At least you give us something to read, and look at. Being as fiesty as you are I'll bet there was some venting going on around you. But at least it is funny. It would appear that you went through the MRI without being put out, you're tough as nails.
Love Dad

Jessica said...

Holy Moly. That is a crappy day. I'm so glad you have those fun girls in your life to make it better!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! I wish I could have seen you right after your dentist appt with a numb face and a numb foot. Sorry, but I gotta laugh! Crazy, crazy day. We had a similar experience last winter with our CO detector. I'll tell you about it sometime.

Cami said...

I think you are a total trouper! Glad I could help. I don't know that I can lay still for 30 minutes unless there's some mighty easy music going.

Cami said...

Ok, TROOPER...by the way, I love the photos and pics you used on this. And let me be the first to say:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOREN!!!