Saturday, April 11, 2009

Diet, Exercise & Friends

I decided it's time to buckle down and try to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight.  I've been working on this for just a few days..... we'll see what happens.  

Things that work....
* Slimfast drinks that make me feel like I'm starving all the time.
Things that don't work....
* Amish Friendship Bread

Things that work....
*Running, running and more running
Things that don't work...
*Paying $8.50 an hour to work out at our community center (this does not go under the Why I like Daybreak category)

Things that work....
*Watching "Friends" while I work out on my elliptical (because I can't afford to pay $8.50 an hour to go the the community center)
Things that don't work...
*Watching "Friends" while I work out on my elliptical (I keep finding myself more interested in the show than the exercise)

Give me some suggestions of some more things that WORK!

3 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

First off I love the new background. Second off, why hasn't Shellie commented yet - probably because you just posted and I am the first to see this new post? Anyhoo - She is the one who knows how to work out, and is the one who motivates me. So my advice, talk to Shellie. I guess from me would be, just to have a desire and goal and work towards it. Gees, you are totally driven and goal oriented, so I don't see you having a problem losing weight.

josh and stef said...

I've been working my butt off trying to get back to my pre-prego body. I go to the South Jirdan Rec Center. It's 30 bucks a month for me and Josh. I lift weights for 30 minutes and then run for 30 min. I do step once a week and this new class called TRX. It is AWESOME! You work every muscle in your body. Eat lots of fiber. There are alot of different fiber bars and they are all good. Drink water. Always lift weights first. Your metabolism will work longer. Good luck!!

Ashlee said...

30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. Like it a lot.
Also, I try to pay attention to portion size when I eat. Start off small and always leave a bite or two on the plate.
Get an Ipod if you don't have one with some great songs and run your little heart out!!