Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kids' Halloween Party

The Friday before Halloween was early out day. The kids had been begging for a Halloween party, so I decided I'd let them have one. A couple of my friends joined me in planning the party.
We played pin the eye on the monster...
We had coloring pages...
We had a mummy relay. The kids got into teams and had to wrap their partner up like a mummy. We had a few other games... Halloween bingo, an m&m relay, etc. The kids had more fun running around and chasing each other... it was a little crazy and hard to get them to settle down to play the games.

We decorated pumpkins... It was kind of fun to be creative. We gave the kids pipe cleaners, zippers, nuts and bolts, push pins, etc. They went a little crazy but it was fun for them.... fun for everyone but Terek who stepped on a push pin with his bare feet.

All of the kids got to invite 3 friends (Brenner a few more). It was interesting to have the big kids there with the little kids. Treyson was a "killer clown" and one of Terek's friends was scared of him.
I had fun making Halloween treats.... eyeballs...
... vampire fingers... I also made witch's brew with a floating hand...
14 little kids was a little overwhelming, but still tons of fun. Thanks to the moms who helped out... I survived!

1 comment:

Mrs Buchanan said...

That food looks gross, I bet it was yummy though!