Saturday, December 12, 2009

My new job

So I have a job! We've been struggling a little with this crazy economy so I decided to get a part time job to help us out a little. So a friend of mine works from home for a company called O'curance. She helped me get a job. Basically I answer phone calls for Your Baby Can Read and Provo Craft products like the Cricut and Yudu and such. It was a crazy whirl wind and I'm still a little in shock. I was called for an interview on Wednesday afternoon. I had my interview on thursday afternoon and was hired on the spot. I wasn't supposed to start working until the 28th of December but they called me Friday morning and asked me if I could come in for training that day. They trained me for a couple of hours and put me on the phones. I have to work in their office for up to 60 days then I can work from home. My schedule is from 7 PM to 1 am so I kind of miss out on stuff in the evening but I do have thursday and Friday night off. I'm hoping for more flexible hours after my 60 day training. This job could get old really fast but I can play on my cell phone when I'm not talking on the phone. Wish me luck!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

7 comments:

Lucashell said...

Welcome to mom's who have to work club... IT SUCKS!

Cami said...

I know you'll make the best of it.
Probably never thought you'd have a job like this.
Best wishes!

Brooke said...

Your December looks like lots of fun already. I hope your new job is a success. I like your cute Christmas cards.

belliesue said...

Good Luck with the extra new challenge! I'm sure there will be no one that can answer questions better than you! Fun Christmas activities going on around your place. Lately, it's been lucky just to adventure to Walmart for me. After one store, I'm done...no more adventures for my kids:(

Lib-Dawg said...

Oh Shellie, that is a funny comment. I can only imagine it's no fun to work when you would rather be home with the kids. Anisa, good luck! I'm sure you'll be great at your new job, and before you know it you'll be working at home.

Melanie Engen said...

Can't believe you too your picture in your beautiful O'Currance maroon cubicle! :) Nice headset. GO O'CURRANCE!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.