Sunday, July 27, 2008

Firework Fun

Does this look familiar to anyone? The problem is... my kids WON'T wear shoes!!!! We went to a park to set off our fireworks. I demanded that they put their shoes on so they wouldn't get hurt. They did! Then, they went off to the park to play and decided to take off their shoes. So, later on when we're setting off fireworks, Brenner steps on a sparkler and burns his foot!!! Maybe they have both learned their lesson... probably not! So, for the 24th we took the kids to see Space Chimps. Then we took the kids to the water park at Classic (sorry, no pics). That night, Brenner fell asleep really early, so we didn't get to do fireworks. So Friday night we set off our fireworks. Joren was pretty much scared and either stayed on my lap or stayed way far away. Somehow Ryan got Joren to hold a sparkler! This was a big deal.
Brenner is our little pyro. Ryan would just let him help hold the lighter to light the fireworks. It didn't take him long to figure out he could use his sparkler to light the fireworks. So, he kept getting fireworks out of the box and lighting them himself. At some point in time he burned a small hole in his shirt and the back of his leg as well. Good thing wounds heal. (This picture must have been taken before he took his shoes off).

5 comments:

rubberbandgrl said...

I think duct tape is the answer. No more shoe removal! I cannot believe that Brenner got it this time. Sheesh!

Jessie said...

I have so many scars from being burnt. I even think that I have one from fireworks. I find that the best way to learn a lesson is from actually touching a hot surface and discovering how painful it really is.

Logan and Sydney said...

at least it wasnt Joren again.

Ron and Debbie said...

My poor little boys!! I hate burns! Will they have learned a lesson?

Kirbell said...

Yikes. Your boys and their burnt feet. Hopefully they don't grow up with a fear of sparklers and BBQ's.